top of page

Welcome to the Kingussie, Laggan & Newtonmore churches website

The Parishes of Kingussie, Laggan and Newtonmore are situated in the beautiful Cairngorms National Park, a place of outstanding natural beauty with a diverse range of outdoor activities including, cycling, hillwalking and water sports, with the area being renowned as a stronghold to shinty.

 

Kingussie Parish Church is linked with Laggan and Newtonmore, originally as two separate parishes, but now united.

 

Kingussie Parish Church 

 

Worship has been carried out on the site of the church since stone age times. The original church building built in 1792 was raised to the ground in a fire in 1924 and rebuilt in 1926 thanks to the Heritors, who paid for the rebuilding.

Insh Village 

 

Insh village church is a small church which is looked after as part of Kingussie Parish.

Laggan

 

The church in Laggan has existed since 1785 and was rebuilt in 1842 but regrettably as part of the Presbytery Plan, Laggan Church is due to close before the end of 2024 and will be sold.

 

Newtonmore

 

St Bride’s Church in Newtonmore is in the centre of the village. It was constructed in 1957 from the fabrics of the united Churches of St Columba’s and St Andrew’s both previously based in Newtonmore.

bottom of page